MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (WJLA) - Around 32 students were stung at Quince Orchard High School Thursday morning, the Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service reports.
Initially fire officials believed the students were stung by bees but later reported that experts said yellow jackets were likely the culprit.
Officials say three students were transported to an area hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.
The hive was reportedly near the campus, but not actually on the school grounds, according to fire officials.
Additional details were not immediately available.
This story has been updated.