MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Family dog killed in Harrison Township fire

Family displaced, dog killed in overnight fire in Harrison Township. (WKEF/WRGT)

HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WKEF/WRGT) - A family of four barely escapes their home after it catches on fire in the middle of the night in Harrison Township.

The fire started just before 1:00 a.m. at a home in the 2600 block of Grant Avenue.

Firefighters say the fire was started when one of the families members fell asleep while smoking in his bedroom.

While the family was able to escape to safety, their dog unfortunately died. Firefighters say they recommend not smoking inside your home, but if you do, have a designated smoking area and never smoke if you're drowsy.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending