DPS offering free dental and health screenings for incoming preschoolers
DAYTON, Ohio (WKEF/WRGT) - On Tuesday, April 17, preschool kids will get a chance to recieve free dental and health screenings at the Dayton Public Schools Preschool Fair.
The event goes from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Rosa Parks Early Learning Center at 3705 Lori Sue Avenue.
DPS said that there will be free refreshments and gift bags for the kids.
The on-site screenings are being provided so that families can enroll their young ones in the upcoming 2018-19 preschool year right there at the fair.
“We are offering a new curriculum called teaching strategies," says Karen Lombard, DPS Director of Preschool. "What that means is we teach the children where they’re at, so wherever they come in we take that and enhance upon it and go from there.”
Parents need to bring the following items to the event to enroll their kids:
- Child's birth certificate
- Picture ID
- Proof of residency (dated within the last 60 days)
- Legal custody documentation (if applicable)
- Complete shot record (must follow state immunization schedule)
- Physical form (dated within the last 12 months)
- Dental form (dated within the last 12 months)
If you can't make it to the April event, DPS is having another Preschool Fair with free dental and health screenings on Tuesday, May 1 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Ruskin PreK-6 School at 407 Ambrose Ct.