ABC 22 News Team
- Alexandra Lewis
- Amber Watson
- Christian Hauser
- Elyse Coulter
- Hilary Zalla
- Kelly May
- Kristine Frazao
- Nicole Grigg
- Rhonda Moore
- Ann Reynolds
High: 71 Winds: E 3-6 mph\
Tonight: Another Clear Night but Not a Cool
Low: 48 Winds: ENE 3-6 mph
Tomorrow: More Sunshine - Slightly Above Average & Near Perfect.
UPDATE: Cleveland Woman Missing for Decade has Daughter
CLEVELAND (AP) -- A Cleveland police official says a 6-year-old girl found in the house where three missing women were kept for years is the daughter of one of them.
A frantic 911 call led police to a house near downtown Cleveland, where the three women were found Monday.
Police say Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight were held inside the house since they were in their teens or early 20s.
Cleveland police Deputy Chief Ed Tomba says the girl is believed to be Amanda Berry's daughter.
Knight disappeared in 2002, Berry in 2003 and DeJesus about a year after that.
Officials say three brothers, ages 50 to 54, are in custody.
Key Events in Missing Women Case
Three women who disappeared in Cleveland a decade ago were found safe Monday, and police arrested three brothers accused of holding the victims against their will. A timeline of key events in the case:
• Aug. 23, 2002: Michelle Knight, 20, vanishes. She was last seen at a cousin's house near Lorain Avenue and West 106th Street.
• April 21, 2003: Amanda Berry, 16, disappears after leaving her job at a Burger King at the corner of Lorain Avenue and West 110th Street, a few blocks from her home.
• January 2004: Police go to Ariel Castro's home at 2207 Seymour Ave., about 3 miles from where Knight and Berry were last seen. No one answers the door. Child welfare officials had alerted police that Castro, a school bus driver, apparently left a child unattended on a bus. Police later spoke to Castro and determined there was no criminal intent.
• April 2, 2004: Georgina "Gina" DeJesus, 14, disappears while walking home from school. She was last seen at a telephone booth at the corner of Lorain Avenue and 105th Street.
• November 2004: Psychic Sylvia Browne tells Berry's mother, Louwana Miller, on "The Montel Williams Show" that her daughter is dead.
• March 2, 2006: Miller, 43, dies after being hospitalized with pancreatitis and other ailments. She had spent the previous three years looking for her daughter.
• November 2011: A neighbor, Israel Lugo, said he heard pounding on some of the doors of Castro's house, which had plastic bags on the windows. Lugo said officers knocked on the front door, but no one answered. Officers walked around outside the house and left, Lugo said.
• April 2, 2013: Family and friends of DeJesus gather for a vigil on the corner where she was last seen on the ninth anniversary of her disappearance.
• May 6, 2013: Knight, Berry, DeJesus and a 6-year-old girl believed to be Berry's daughter are found at Castro's home. Police arrest three brothers, Ariel Castro, Pedro Castro and Onil Castro, in connection with the women's disappearances.
Update: 3 Cleveland Women Escape Decade-Long Captivity
CLEVELAND (AP) -- A frantic 911 call has led police to a house near downtown Cleveland, where three women who went missing a decade ago have been found.
Police Chief Michael McGrath says Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight were tied up at the house and held there since they were in their teens or early 20s. They were found on Monday, along with a 6-year-old child.
52-year-old Ariel Castro and his two brothers have been taken into police custody.
Officials have scheduled a news conference for Tuesday morning.
Neighbors say they heard someone screaming for help and kicking a door. They told the woman, Berry, how to get out and allowed her to call police.
Berry told a 911 dispatcher, "I've been kidnapped."
Border CrisisGet the latest developments on the border control issue!
Chefs CornerWe often invite local chefs into our studio kitchen to demonstrate their cooking techniques and recipes. Watch those video segments on this page.
Pay It ForwardRiver Valley Credit Union, FOX45, and ABC22 recognize the good deeds of people and organizations who make the Miami Valley a better place.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.
Secrets Of A ThiefWe expose the "Secrets Of A Thief". Sponsored by Shiver Security.
Cool SchoolsOur children are the way of the future and it all starts with our schools. Join us as our Hilary Zalla goes inside schools around the Miami Valley to find out what cool things students and teachers are ...
Town HallJoin in as our expert panel discusses jobs in Ohio
No Text ZoneTexting While Driving Kills Thousands of People Each Year. Many More are Seriously Injured. You Can Help Make Our Roads a NO TEXT ZONE.
Washington TimesPolitics, Breaking News, US and World News.
On Time TrafficGet the latest traffic information and updates here!
School ClosingsGet the list of all closings and delays for schools and businesses within the area, and sign up for text alerts!
Save Local TVFind out how you can save local TV right here!
Raw NewsWatch raw, unedited and uncensored news stories right here!
Pump PatrolFind the lowest gas prices, check out local and national price trends, report low prices and get fuel saving tips!
Political PulseArmstrong Williams is a pugnacious, provocative and principled voice for conservatives and Christian values in America's public debates.
News LinksThese links were chosen by the newsroom for their newsworthy content. These sites enhance the news stories that aired on the newscast on the dates cited.
Menard's Around the HouseMenards Around the House how-to videos give you tips for those much needed home improvements!
On the MoveGet the latest news and more on your mobile phone!
Good MorningIt's Fun, it's fresh, the way mornings should be!
Top StoriesGet up to the minute information from across Ohio in our Top Stories section!
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments or any groups are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
China factory index ticks up, easing growth fears
HONG KONG (AP) -- Growth in China's sprawling manufacturing industry unexpectedly ticked higher in September, easing concerns about the No. 2 economy's recovery.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 03/21/14 --
Companies that pride themselves on being eco-friendly may have conflicted
ideas between marketing with ad specialties and maintaining their green
LEONARDO DICAPRIO-UNITED NATIONS MESSENGER OF PEACE
NEW YORK (AP) -- Leonardo DiCaprio says he hopes to use his position as a United Nations Messenger of Peace to help call attention to the problem of global warming.
CLEVELAND (AP) -- LeBron James is back and so is his super fan.
IN THE NEWS: INVESTIGATING CYBER SECURITY BREACHES
NORTHFIELD, Vt. (AP) -- So, what happens when there is a cyber security breach at a company?
Tonight on ABC 22
6:30 pm ..... ABC World News
7:00 pm ..... Family Feud
7:30 pm ..... Family Feud
8:00 pm ..... Dancing with the Stars: The Results
9:00 pm ..... Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (Season Premiere)
10:00 pm ... Forever
11:00 pm ... ABC 22 News at Eleven
11:30 pm ... Jimmy Kimmel Live
12:30 am ... Nightline