“American Idol is coming to ABC22 in 2018! Come out to the Miami Valley Centre Mall in Piqua on Saturday, August 26 between 11am-3pm for your chance to be a Miami Valley Idol. 5 singers are going to win ‘Front of the Line’ passes to the American Idol Bus City Audition in Louisville, KY and a $50 gas card each. Thanks to these great sponsors: ABC22, Miami Valley Centre Mall, Sinclair Community College, Arby’s, WMMX 107.7 and WCHD 99.9.
You can review the full eligibility requirements at www.americanidol.com or refer to the information below:
To participate in the Program, you must be able to prove that:
- By June 11, 2017 you must be 15 to 28 years old (which means you must be born on or between June 12, 1988 and June 11, 2002). If you were born before or after this window, you are not eligible to participate this season.
- You must be a legal U.S. resident with the unrestricted right to work in the United States throughout the entire competition portion of the Program and through the term of any post show agreements provided by Producer or any of the other Program Entities (as defined below).
- To accept an invitation to participate in the competition portion of the Program (currently scheduled to begin in January 2018), you must be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of Producer that you do not have any contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from fully participating in the show and/or entering into any contracts required by Producer, including, but not limited to, an exclusive recording contract, merchandising contract, a live and/or global touring agreement and an exclusive management contract (subject to paragraph 4 below).
- In the event that you already have a management contract prior to your first audition in front of the Program judges, the requirement to enter into a management contract shall not apply to you provided that you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of Producer and 19 Entertainment that such contract commenced prior to the date of your first audition in front of the Program judges. By accepting an invitation to be a participant, you must timely complete and return such participant agreements, releases and all exhibits, schedules and attachments thereto that will be furnished to you by Producer and/or 19 Entertainment.
- You must not currently be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become a candidate for public office until one (1) year after the initial exhibition of the final episode of the Program in which you appear (if selected to participate).
- As of June 11, 2017 and continuing through the completion of the competition, neither you nor any of your immediate family members or members of your household (whether related or not), may be an employee, officer or director of: (a) NEG Operations Inc. and all majority owned subsidiaries (including, but not limited to, 19 Entertainment Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., 19 Touring LLC, 19 Recordings Limited and 19 TV Limited) (collectively, the “19 Companies”); (b) American Idol Productions, Inc. (“Producer”); (c) American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. (“ABC”); (d) FremantleMedia North America, Inc. (“FremantleMedia”); (e) Telescope Inc.; (f) any of the foregoing entities’ respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies; (g) any person or entity involved in the casting, auditions, development, production, distribution, or other exploitation of the Program or any variation thereof; (h) any known, major sponsor of the Program; or (i) any person or entity supplying services or prizes to the Program. The entities described in the preceding sentence shall be referred to herein, individually and collectively, as the “Program Entities.”
- You must accurately complete all documents provided by Producer, any of the other Program Entities or any other entity providing services to the Program.
Please note that in order to enjoy the full benefit of any prize offered as part of the Program, you must be a legal U.S. resident with the unrestricted right to work in the United States throughout the entire competition portion of the Program and through the term of any post show agreements provided by Producer or any of the other Program Entities.
Producer has the sole discretion to make determinations of contestant eligibility, which are binding and final in all respects, and Producer reserves the right to change any of the eligibility requirements at any time. In addition, you acknowledge and agree that Producer has the sole discretion at any time to render ineligible and disqualify any person who, in Producer’s sole discretion, is sufficiently acquainted with the development, production, administration, judging, exhibition or other exploitation of the Program such that his or her participation in the Program could create the appearance of impropriety.
Any audition for the Series given to the winner(s) is subject to the American Idol Audition Terms and Conditions, which is available for review at www.americanidol.com.
Entering the Miami Valley Idols PROMOTION is not an audition for the Series itself, and, that eligible applicants can also learn how to audition for the Series by visiting www.americanidol.com.
NOTICE: This contest is not an audition for the American Idol Program itself. Eligible applicants can also learn how to audition for the American Idol Program by visiting www.americanidol.com.
Contest: WKEF / Miami Valley Idol
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba WKEF
Station Address: WKEF, 2245 Corporate Place, Miamisburg, Ohio, 45342
Contest Area: Ohio Counties: Mercer, Darke, Shelby, Logan, Miami, Champaign, Preble, Clark, Montgomery, and Greene.
Age of Eligibility: Fifteen (15) to Twenty-Eight (28) years of age as of June 11, 2017.
Sponsor(s): Miami Valley Centre Mall, Arby’s and Sinclair Community College, WMMX 107.7 and WCHD 99.9.
Prize Provider(s): ABC/American Idol, ABC22
Program: American Idol
Idol Program Entities: NEG Operations Inc., 19 Entertainment Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., 19 Touring LLC, 19 Recordings Limited, 19 TV Limited, American Idol Productions, Inc., American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., FremantleMedia North America, Inc., and Telescope Inc. and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, licensees and assignees.
Contest Period: August 26, 2017
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per contestant.
Judging Criteria: Vocal Talent (25%); Stage Presence (25%); Song Selection (25%); and Overall Performance (25%)
Winner Selection Date: August 26, 2017
Number of Winners Based on Judging Results: Five (5)
Total Number of Winners: Five (5)
Prize(s) and Value(s): One (1) Front of the Line pass for the American Idol Auditions, held on August 30, 2017 in Louisville, Kentucky, and one (1) Fifty Dollar ($50.) gas station gift card. The prize is subject to the American Idol Audition Terms and Conditions, which are available for review at www.americanidol.com, and requires the completion of documents as required by the Idol Program Entities or any other entity which provides services to the Program. The winner is only guaranteed one audition in front of an American Idol Producer/casting executive. The winner will not audition in front of the American Idol judges or any American Idol celebrity or Guest Judge during this guaranteed audition. The winner will be judged under the criteria listed in the official American Idol rules (available at americanidol.com) and will not receive preferential treatment for callbacks. Decisions for callbacks are made solely by the judges. The value of the prize is $50, however, due to the nature of the audition prize, an additional prize value cannot be determined. In the event production of American Idol is cancelled or postponed, the prizing may be cancelled without substitution or compensation therefor.
Station’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ABC22Dayton/
Station’s Website: http://abc22now.com/
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://abc22now.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, individual entrants must be legal U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area. Group entries are not permitted.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsors, Prize Providers, Idol Program Entities, contest software providers, social media platforms, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
3. Members of SAG/AFTRA and candidates for public office are not eligible to participate.
4. Participants must be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of any of the Idol Program Entities that he/she does not have any contractual arrangement that would prohibit him/her from fully participating in the Program and/or entering into any contracts as may be required by any of the Idol Program Entities, including, but not limited to, an exclusive recording contract, merchandising contract, a live and/or global touring agreement and an exclusive management contract.
How to Enter
1. The Station will conduct an in-person audition with respect to the singing skills of the eligible entrants from 11:00 AM EDT to 3:00 PM EDT August 26, 2017 at the Miami Valley Centre Mall located at 987 E. Ash Street, Piqua, OH 45356. Entrants must register on-site the day of the audition. The maximum number of entrants is 270, however, the Station reserves the right to cut off the registration and/or audition line.
2. At the audition, all eligible entrants will be required to perform a song of their choice acappella. Entrants should be prepared to perform at least 30 seconds of their song for the audition. Entrants are not permitted to deviate from this guideline. Should an entrant fail to comply with either the official rules, or fail to appear for the competition when announced, then such entrant shall be disqualified.
Judging of Audition
1. All eligible entrants will perform before a panel of four (4) judges and shall be judged based on the Judging Criteria.
2. On the Winner Selection Date, the judges will determine the Total Number of Winners with the highest score(s) based on the Judging Criteria. In the event of a tie that cannot be resolved by the judges, the entrant with the highest vocal talent score will be chosen. If that fails to resolve the tie, then the winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entrants. The decisions of judges are final.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries, including any required submission, received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries, including any required submission, become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that he/she appears in and owns the video submitted, (ii) the video does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) the video complies with all of requirements of the Video Topic, (iv) the video has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (v) he/she agrees to the Station’s Website Terms and Conditions. No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive video (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
6. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, which shall be determined in the same manner as the disqualified winner. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
10. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
11. The Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), and Idol Program Entities accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station, and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
14. The Idol Program Entities have the sole discretion to make determinations of Program contestant eligibility, which are binding and final in all respects, and Idol Program Entities reserve the right to change any of the Program eligibility requirements at any time.