ABC 22 News Team
- Alexandra Lewis
- Amber Watson
- Christian Hauser
- Elyse Coulter
- Kelly May
- Kristine Frazao
- Natasha Williams
- Nicole Grigg
- Rhonda Moore
- Ann Reynolds
Low: 20 Winds: SE 5-10 mph
Sunday: Steady Snow, With Rain Mixing During The Afternoon.
High: 35 Winds: WSW 6-12 mph
Monday: Few Flurries in the Early Morning. ...
Small Changes You Can Make To Lose Weight in 2014
Millions of Americans will vow to lose weight this coming year through a combination of diet and exercise, but one local doctor suggests that one might be more effective than the other when it comes to shedding necessary pounds.
“Weight loss occurs when you are able to burn more calories than you take in,” said Anessa Alappatt, MD, at Fairborn Medical Center, a Premier HealthNet practice. “If you walk for 30 minutes, you might burn 200 calories, which is not much. For many people, it would be much easier to take 300 calories from the burger they are going to eat than to burn it through exercise.”
Diet and exercise both play a vital role in weight management, however, when it comes to dropping that initial weight, diet is essential. Understanding the role that diet and exercise both play in weight management is important so individuals don’t become discouraged and quit before realizing their goal.
For instance, a person must burn 3,500 calories in order to lose one pound of fat. An individual could be discouraged by a two-pound weight loss in one month, but it means the patient has decreased 500 calories from their diet each day for that month.
“The problem is that people have the wrong expectations,” she said. “I have people who come in and say they are going to lose 20 pounds in three months. That is a lot though it can be done it takes an extreme lifestyle change in diet and exercise. For instance, an individual would have to walk 70 minutes 7 days a week to achieve that with exercise.”
There are small choices that can be made with one’s diet to reduce calories and promote weight loss:
Rethink Your Drink – Calories in drinks are not hidden (they are listed on a product’s nutrition label). But many people don’t realize just how many calories beverages can contribute to their daily intake, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The good news is calories in drinks can be reduced by cutting a portion size or choosing other options such as water.
Cut the Cream – Dr. Alappatt said if a food is white and creamy it’s most likely high in calories. This includes items such as sour cream, ranch dressing and mayonnaise. A serving size of mayonnaise, for instance, is 150 calories. Eliminate these items or ask for them on the side of a meal to reduce how much is consumed.
Forget Anything Fried – According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, a large baked potato has 278 calories versus fried potatoes, which contain 826 calories. Dr. Alappatt encourages people to choose baked items such as chicken over the same item fried in oil.
“Our diets in America are very poor. For many, just changing their diets can mean taking off 1,000 to 1,500 calories a day. And when they do that, they are able to lose weight rapidly,” Dr. Alappatt said.
Reducing calories may be more effective in weight loss, but individuals should not discount the importance of daily exercise. Aerobic exercise and weight training are effective tools in one’s overall health. At age 25 and beyond, there are more cells dying per day than growing in a person’s body. Likewise, as a person ages, their muscle slowly becomes less dense and its composition becomes made more of water and fat. Consistent weight training – even as little as lifting a couple times a week for 15 minutes – can help counteract both issues and also reduce the risk of bone disease, Dr. Alappatt said.
Wednesday, January 1 2014, 08:54 AM EST
Here's What's Coming Up This Week!
March 2, 2015
On Friday, you need to grab something blue out of your closet to wear. We will tell you why this morning.
March 3, 2015
Is this winter making you depressed? That could be the reason for your blues. We will show you the signs.
March 4, 2015
Empire is on tonight and we have a first look.
March 5, 2015
The Humane Society of Greater Dayton will stop by with a furry friend looking for a forever home.
March 6, 2015
Another round of American Idol and our experts are in this morning to talk about the highs and the lows.
Good Morning Stories
- Chris Takes The Twinkie Challenge
- Graeters Releases Mystery Flavor
- Comedian Ian Bagg @ Dayton FunnyBone
- Knockout Dayton Tomorrow Night @ Memorial Hall
- Perfect Lunch For The Weekend
- Black History Month: Jessie Gooding
- Alfie Will Keep You On His Toes
- The Perfect French Toast With Bob Evans
- Idol Chatter: Guys Up First
- Look At These Tiny Kittens
- It's National Chili Day!
- New Season Announced For Victoria Theatre Assoc.
- Battle of The Bartenders: Wheat Penny
- Empire Tonight: What's Next For Cookie & Lucious?
- Do's & Don'ts For Your Wedding Registry
- Have a Blast During Your Workout
- Crowdfunding: A New Way To Donate
- Daughter Inspires Mom To Write Book For Kids
- Made In America: Traceable T-Shirts From Miami Valley Company
- Red Cross CPR Class
- New Lent Menu From Buffalo Wings & Rings
- The Best & The Worst of The Red Carpet
- Battle of the Bartenders: Mack's Tavern
- Oscar Results
- Day Of Caring: Pancake Breakfast Sunday
- Red-Carpet Fashions
- Idol Chatter: Alexis Gomez Makes It To Top 24
- Battle of the Bartenders: Lily's Bistro
- Look At That Smile
- Beer & Brewing With A Taste of Aullwood
- Alexis Makes Top 24!!!
- Local HS Teacher Dishes Up a Lesson Some May Find Hard To Swallow
- Oscar-Winning Predictions
- Black History Month: "Unnoticed"
- FilmDayton Presents Virtual Oscar Party
- Food Truck Taco Competition
- Baxter Needs A Warm Home
- Making Your Stir Fry Healthy
- Idol Chatter: Closing in on Top 24
- Activated Spaces Taking Applications
- Laser Tag is Great Indoor Fun
- Award-Winning Oscar Party Favors
- Dolce and Louie Are Too Cute to Resist
- Empire Tonight: Hit Show Continues to Heat Up
- What is Trending in Consignment?
- You Can Walk Away with Oscar Swag
- Red Carpet Jewelry
- Troy Pop Rocks Jump Rope Team
- What You Will See On the Red Carpet This Weekend
- Robotics Supplemental Class Available
- Massage Therapy
- Prom Dress Drive
- And The Oscar Goes To.... Ideas for Your Oscar Party
- Brussel Sprouts & Bacon Recipe
- Clash Boutique Features Local Clothing Lines
- Working To Open Funk Music Hall Of Fame
- Celebrate Valentine's Day With a Heart-Shaped Pizza
- Nothing Says "Be My Valentine" Like Esther Price
- Comedian Mark Viera @ Dayton FunnyBone
- Idol Chatter: No More Second Chances
- Make This Cat Your Boo!
- Nice Work If You Can Get It
- What Should You Look For When Buying Vitamins?
- Midwest Clean Comedy Show Next Saturday @ Wiley's Comedy Joint
- Celebrate Black History Month: DCDC
- Hot Hairstyles for the Guys In 2015
- No-Bake Chocolate Desserts For Your Valentine
- Opposites Attract: But Do They Make Happy Couples?
- Idol Chatter: Alexis & Jess Strong Contenders
- It's Adopt A Bunny Month -- Here's Rocky!
- Bella Vino Offers New Happy Hour Menu
- Make Your Co-Workers Day With An Ice Cream Valentine
- Valentine' s Dance: Vote For Your Favorite
- Kissable Lips For Valentine's Day
- Make Your Valentine's Day Sparkle
- Empire Tonight
- Addicts Comedy Tour Tonight At Dayton FunnyBone
- You Can't Go Wrong With Flowers For Your Valentine
- What Are Appropriate Valentine's Gifts?
- Dressing In 50 Shades of Gray
- WWE SmackDown Tonight @ Nutter Center
- Dayton Test Market For Fazoli's
- Working Out In The Boxing Ring
- DIY Valentine's Day Decor
- Perfect Pairings For Valentine's Day
- Black History Month: Bing Davis
- Mind Reader and Comedian Eric Dittleman to Perform at Victoria Theatre
- Do You Have Food Addiction?
- Wear Red Day For Women Day
- IDOL CHATTER: Hollywood, Round Two Includes Centerville Standout
- The A-Team: Augie & Aggie
- We're Seeing Red! Go Red For Women Day Tomorrow
- You Should Go Rogue & Adopt This Kitten
- Idol Chatter: Welcome to Hollywood
- Valentine's Gift Ideas From Tanger Outlets @ Jeffersonville
- Comedian Ralph Harris @ Dayton FunnyBone
- MS Patients Needed For Research Project
- Let's Talk About Empire
- Detox Soup & Skinny Salad From El Meson
- AleFeast This Saturday
- Changes On Your Taxes This Filing Year
- Ordering Flowers For Your Sweetie
- Skinny Lasagna Recipe Easy Enough For the Kids
- Looking For a New Workout? Check out Femme Fatale
- New Store Opens At Dayton Mall: Simply Hyacinth
- The Best of the Super Bowl Commercials
- Monster Jam @ The Nutter Center
- Idol Chatter: Final Night of Auditions
- Chris Mulcahy Defends His Love for the Pats
- Super Appetizers With Kroger
- Thought For The Day: Take Socrates Home
- Comedian Michael Blackson @ Dayton FunnyBone
- Spice Up Your Super Party With Bob Evans
- Super Food Challenge: Making Brussel Sprouts Taste Good
- Let's Do the Time Warp Again
- Our Favorite SuperBowl Dips
- Jessie is Sweet Girl Looking For a Home
- Meltdown Winter Ice Festival
- Making Healthy Choices
- Ohio Not Making The Grade When It Comes to Kicking The Habit
- Idol Chatter: San Fransico Auditions
- New Restaurant Nibbles Opens In Miamisburg
- Get Organized in 2015
- Best View of The SuperBowl
- Family Shots @ Human Race Theatre
- Keeping Everyone Healthy This Winter
- Concert To Benefit Fisher/Nightingale House
- More SuperBowl Party Recipes
- Local Bakery King Of Cakes
- Blizzard Hits New England
- Super Ideas For Your SuperBowl Party
- Pizza SuperBowl: Seattle vs New England
- Local Man Guest At State of The Union
- Uncle Lar @ The Dayton FunnyBone
- Idol Chatter: New Orleans Auditions
- Sixteen-and-a-Half Pounds of Orange & White Love
- He's A Maniac, But We Love Him!
- Winter Restaurant Week: Basil's On Market
- Idol Chatter: More Auditions
- This May Be The Cutest Puppy Ever!
- Winter Restaurant Week: Dominique's Bistro & Bar
- This Cute Little Burberry Needs A Home
- Picking Out A Weight-Loss Plan
- Winter Restaurant Week: PF Chang's
- Get In Shape With These Apps & Gadgets
- Get Your Purse Organized
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
- Winter Restaurant Week: Zetland Street
- New Dayton Coffee Shop Offers MLK Promotion
- Comedian Mike Malone @ Dayton FunnyBone
- New Healthy Menu Items At Tim Horton's
- Food Trucks "Best Burger" Contest
- Idol Chatter: Big Apple Auditions
- NHL All Star Breakfast Next Saturday
- Looking for A Puppy? Zan Is Looking For A Home
- Add a Little Jalepeno To Your Home
- WinterFolk Fest
- Alexis Gets Ticket to Hollywood!
- Winter Restaurant Week: The Caroline
- DIY Projects To Help Your Get Organized In 2015
- Your Financial Goals For 2015
- Getting Financially Fit In 2015
- A Chance of A Lifetime! Local Singer Auditions on American Idol
- Winter Restaurant Week: Crazy Mango
- Screen Works Prints Championship Shirts
- Job Fair For Veterans
- It's Girl Scout Cookie Time! Which Is Your Favorite Flavor?
- The Illusionists @ Schuster Center
- Winter Restaurant Week: CoCo's Bistro
- Local Makeup Artist Faces Off
- Winter Restaurant Week: El Meson
- Monster Truck Winter Nationals This Weekend @ Hara
- Perfect Weather For Some Homemade Soup
- Idol Chatter: Night 2 of Auditions In Nashville
- Chandler the Cat & SICSA Need Some Guardian Angels
- 12 Months Of Christmas
- Poison Prevention, Not Just For Kids
- Baby, It's Cold Outside!
- Idol Chatter: Audtions Kick Off In Nashville
- Keep Your Pets Safe In These Freezing Temperatures
- Get Fit With CrossFit in 2015
- Warm Up Your Home With Some Tropical Plants
- Color of 2015: Marsala
- Perfect Day To Make Snow Angels
- Get Organized in 2015
- Comedian Greg Warren @ Dayton FunnyBone
- Thinker Academy: Teaching Kids How To Learn
- Marshmallow is a Whole Lot of Adorable
- Indiana Is Just Too Cute Not to Adopt
- Globetrotters Ready to Play
- Creative Party Desserts For New Years
- New Carlisle to Ring in New Year with Style
- New Sushi Restaurant Opens in Kettering
- Wines for 2015
- Party Safely For New Years
- Local Man Becomes to Be Youngest Representative in Ohio
- Year-Round Allergies? It Could Be Mold
- Penny Still Looking for Christmas Wish to Come True
- Wrapping It Up on Fox 45 In The Morning
- BOGG Ministries Working To Feed The Hungry
- Are You On The Naughty Or Nice List This Year?
- Last Minute Gift Ideas From Cincinnati Premium Outlets
- These Cute Snowmen Look Good Enough To Eat! And They Are Delicious
- Fun Activities For The Kids While They Are On Break
- "The Other Side of Christmas"
- Dan Grueter At Dayton FunnyBone
- Patches Needs A New Home
- Holiday Party Appetizer From Kroger
- Celebration of Dayton Beers
- Shaken or Mashed? How Do You Take Your Mashtini?
- Snow Sisters at The Beach
- 'Tis the Season For Party Attire
- Add A Little Holly Under Your Christmas Tree
- Traveling Therapist - Squishy Performing Tonight
- Yellow Springs Art Jumble
- "The Breakfast" This Friday @ Dayton Raquet Club
- Before you Hit The Road -- Watch This!
- Kid-Friendly Appetizers
- DIY Gifts Under $10
- Don't Forget to Pack This!
- Helping Hands, Helping Parents
- Smooth Sailing For Winter
- Top Toy Picks From the Kids
- Gift Ideas For Kids and Teens
- How Would You Like to Win Donuts For a Year?
- Quick Hair Changes For The Holidays
- Comedian Nick Griffin @ Dayton funnyBone
- Team RWB Starts Dayton Chapter
- Can You Give Canaan A Home?
- Super Gift Ideas for the Guys
- Happy Ugly Christmas Sweater Day!
- Elijah Is Looking For His Forever Home
- Gifts For Mom
- Tis This Season For Warm & Stylish
- Brush Before Brain
- Great Gift Idea For Kids
- Christmas For The City In Beavercreek
- Make Sure Your Gifts Get To Their Destination
- Local Football Player Needs Volunteers
- Automotive Art Sale
- Holiday Crafts For Kids
- Made In the USA
- Kid's Sports Teams Turning To Crowdfunding
- Five Hacks For Your Next Get-Together
- When It Comes To Gifts -- You Can't Go Wrong With Chocolate
- Harlem Globetrotters Playing At Nutter Center On New Year's Eve
- Comedian Sarah Colonna @ Dayton FunnyBone
- The Sweaters At This New Store Are Definitely "Ugly"
- Strip Roast Recipe For Your Next Holiday Dinner
- Holiday Bazaar This Weekend @ SICSA
- Winterize The Trees In Your Yard
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipe
- Sweet Pearson Still Undefeated Going Into Next Week's Fight
- PrimeRib For Two This Weekend
- Tucker, The Puggle, Needs A Forever Home
- Gem & Mineral Show @ Hara Arena
- Oaked & Smoked Teams With Toxic Brew Company
- Pre-Kwanzaa Celebration This Saturday
- Your Winter Sweater Guide
- Paula The Penguin Stops By Fox 45
- Old Rikes Christmas Window Display @ Schuster Center
- Warm Glow's Christmas Open House This Weekend
- Keeping Kids Content During the Holidays
- Bundle Up With These Winter Accessories
- DIY Wreaths For Any Style Decor
- Today Is Giving Tuesday
- Christmas Fiction Author At Books & Co.
- New Store Opens In Huber Heights: The Paragon
- Take A Stroll Through Woodland Lights
- Charitable Gifts Matched Today At SICSA
- Protect and Hide Your Holiday Gifts
- It's Cyber Monday
- Not A Single Pound
- Cody's Caring Clothing Event
- Time To Say GoodBye To Movember & Chris' Beard
- Spaghetti Warehouse Participates in Giving Tuesday
- Ollie Wants a Home for the Holidays
- UD Volleyball Team Flying High Heading into NCAA Tournament
- Turkey Trot
- Feast of Giving
- Turkey-Shaped Cheese Balls
- Movember Results at Centerville High School
- Get Your Game On for Black Friday Shopping
- Acacia Looking for Loving Home for Holidays
- Black Friday at Tanger Outlets
- Mike & His Wife, Jill Share Pumpkin Bar Recipe
- Black Friday Preview @ Cincinnati Premium Outlets
- Could Taking Care Of Your Mom Be Killing You?
- Protecting Your Pin
- Dayton Holiday Festival
- Dancing Rewind: Alfonso Wins MirrorBall Trophy
- Hilary & Her Mom Share Great Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe
- Dancing Rewind: Finale
- Black Friday Preps
- Free Thanksgiving Dinner In Miami County
- Let Bob Evans Do The Cooking This Turkey Day
- Guest Bartenders Every Monday Night at 5th Street Brewpub
- Cooking With Fox 45 In Morning: Meghan & Her Dad
- Comedian Greg Hahn @ Dayton FunnyBone
- Two Great Sidedish Recipes From Kroger
- Murphy And His Buddy, Milo Are Looking To Share A Home With You
- National Cage Bird Show This Weekend
- The Market Tonight
- Weather Wise: Winter Prediction
- This Is What the Kids Are Asking For This Holiday Season
- Xtreme Bot Competition This Saturday
- Take Home a Puppy or Two
- Great American Smokeout Today
- Holiday Walk in Centerville
- Looking Stylish For Thanksgiving
- The Best Soups In Dayton
- Gluten Sensitive? Try This GF Cornbread Stuffing For Thanksgiving
- Weather Wise: El Nino
- Buy Local This Holiday Season
- Weather Wise: Polar Vortex
- Tequila Tasting Thursday at Salar
- Avoid Stomach Troubles This Holiday Season
- Give A Mini-Me For The Holidays
- Dress Up The Holidays With Poinsettias
- Dancing Rewind: We Have a Final Four
- Waffle Shop Open
- Surviving The Holiday House Guests
- A Bit of a Bite -- Locally-Made Salsa
- Sugarplum Festival of Trees
- A Twist To Your Thanksgiving Turkey With Firehouse Subs
- Meet Lester, The Long-Haired Chihuahua
- Football Friday: GOW Bellbrook vs. Trotwood-Madison
- Battle of the Beards
- Everybody Loves Dougie
- You Won't Belive How Much These Outfits Cost
- Making The Perfect Cup Of Tea
- Smokey Joe's Cafe
- The Grunge of the 90's Is Back
- Stay Warm & Stylish With the Layered Look
- K12 Art Gallery: Art-Off
- Watch Out For Deer When On The Road
- Movember: Bring Awareness To Prostate Cancer
- Patriots & Pin-Ups
- Dancing Rewind: Lea Sent Home
- Cooking Classes To Prep You For Thanksgiving
- Feel Better This Cold & Flu Season
- Best Buy Offers Sneak Peak of Black Friday
- Charity Food Truck Rally This Friday
- What You Need In Your Car's Trunk To Survive The Winter
- What Can You Do With All Your Left-Over Halloween Candy?
- Human Race Presents Mame
- Breaking Bad Co-Star @ Dayton Funny Bone
- Football Friday: GOW Tippecanoe @ Kenton Ridge
- Change Up Your Hairstyle For the Weekend
- Max Is Looking For a Forever Home
- Fit2Play At Centerville High School Sunday
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- This Silly Cat Needs A Home
- Fox 45 Annual Chili Contest: Chris Takes The Trophy
- A Capella Festival This Weekend At Fairmont HS
- Grab Some Veggies! It's National Healthy Eating Day
- Another Broken Egg Cafe Moves Into Austin Landing
- 2015 Wedding Dress Trends
- Full Moon Drum Circle
- The Most Dangerous Roads In the Miami Valley & Ohio
- Control That Junk Mail
- Here Are Our Predictions For CMA Awards Tonight on ABC 22
- New Restaurant: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill Opens
- Dancing Rewind: Michael Waltrip Goes Home
- Make Your Own Holiday Gifts With Sew Dayton
- Wine and Dine With Southwest Ohio Wineries
- Black Heritage Art Show
- Morning Show Team Takes LayUps For Lauren Challenge
- Happy Halloween From Fox 45 In the Morning
- A Couple More Costume Ideas -- All You Need is a Box
- Football Friday: GOW Wayne @ Centerville
- Take Aspen Into Your Home
- Zombie Zalla Invades Fox 45
- Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas
- Haunted Miami Valley: Who Ya Gonna Call?
- More Thank Just Dogs & Cats Available For Adoption at Humane Society
- Vote In the Annual Fox 45 In The Morning Pumpkin Carving Contest
- Pizza Anyone?
- October is Prevent Bullying Month
- Dayton Train Show
- Halloween Costumes That Pull Double Duty
- Effy Jewelry Trunk Show Today
- Interview Basics
- What Every Woman Needs To Know About Breast Cancer
- Age Appropriate Money Lessons
- Haunted Miami Valley: Old Court House
- Vintage In the Valley Rummage Sale
- Edible Halloween Crafts
- No Tricks Here! Easy Halloween Dishes
- Tailgating With bd's Mongolian Grill
- Fashion Angels: The Masquerade
- Event Planning: Transforming From Ordinary to Extraordinary
- Haunted Miami Valley: 5th & Ludlow
- Dancing Rewind: Antonio Heading Home
- Teeny's Tour Of Pies
- Tricks Or Treats For Babies
- Ella's Can Drive
- Stress Over School: Helping Your Child Relieve Anxiety Over School
- Zombie Zumbathon
- Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- Disney On Ice @ Nutter Center
- Fairmont Hosts A Cappella Festival
- Trick AND Treats With Kroger
- Clara Belle Is Looking For a Home
- Four Boots, One Journey
- So Much To Do at Young's Dairy -- Even Pumpkin Bowling
- One Piece -- Three Different Looks
- It's Just Mayo
- SweetWater Brews Land In Miami Valley
- Haunted Cave In Lewisburg
- Cyber Security
- All Soles 5K Run/Walk To Benefit Brunner Literacy Center
- Dancing Rewind: Ohio Native Johnathan Bennett Sent Home
- Celebrate National Chili Month
- Cedarville University Puts On Ebola Forum
- Coat Drive For Kids
- Products To Make You Feel Better & Benefit Breast Cancer
- Pumpkin Chuck Today @ US Air Force Museum
- Football Friday: GOW Monroe @ Franklin
- Local Brothers In High Spirits
- Well Hello Dolly!
- New Men's Store Opens Next Tuesday In Downtown
- New Robot Exhibit At Boonshoft
- Kale: The Superfood
- Grab Your Mask For The Masquerage
- What a Cutie! Naomi Needs A Home
- Motor Trends SUV of The Year Made in Our Backyard
- Help For Domestic Abuse
- Halloween In The Park
- Chris & Hilary Head Down Under With Weeki Wachee Mermaids @ Newport Aquarium
- Whe Should Be Tested For Breast Cancer Gene?
- Great Ideas For Your Next Halloween or Fall Party
- Are Your Passwords Driving You Crazy?
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Triffle
- Community Garden
- Real Men Wear Pink
- The Preppy Look Is Back
- Dancing Rewind: No One Sent Home
- Pink Ribbon Haircuts
- Dewey's Pizza To Open At Austin Landing
- Rice Krispie Treat Monsters
- Parenting Workshop
- Yellow Springs Street Fair Saturday
- Scottish Band: Albannach Playing At Ohio Renaissance Festival
- Comedian Tony Rock @ Dayton FunnyBone
- Walk to End Alzheimer's Tomorrow
- Gluten-Free Lunch
- Football Friday: GOW Xenia @ Springboro
- Romeo, oh Romeo! Someone Please Take Home Romeo
- Bloody Mary Showdown Saturday Benefits AIDS Resource Center
- Pink Ribbon Girls Team With Ernst Concrete
- Fall Boot Camp
- Reflections @ PMG
- Take Snowy Home Before Winter Gets Here
- Donatos Serves Up Pink Ribbon Twists
- Winter Car Inspections
- Denim & Pink Fashions from Cincinnati Premium Outlets
- Surf & Turf For National Seafood Month @ Bonefish Grill
- Dayton's African American Community Fund
- Health Matters: Hepatitis C On The Rise
- Sauerkraut Festival This Weekend
- Dancing Rewind: Betsy Sent Home
- New Menu For Smokey Bones
- Join Snoopy For Dog Days @ Kings Island
- Fall Hairstyle Trends
- Job Fair @ Cedarville University
- Comedian Josh Sneed @ Dayton FunnyBone
- Football Friday! GOW: Tecumseh @ Kenton Ridge
- Shop Pink @ Cincinnati Premium Outlets
- Midwest Outdoor Experience
- Abby Is Looking For A Home
- Fall trends For All Shapes & Sizes
- Fall Comfort Food
- Hot Fall Trend: Western Wear
- Take This Adorable Pair Home: Olie & Grant
- Get The Car Ready For Fall & Winter
- Dayton Music Fest
- Local Educator Hikes Appalachian Trail
- Wine & Canvas
- Velvet Ice Cream Celebrates 100 Years With Cookbook
- Hiring A Plumber
- Taking Care: Before & After The Marathon
- Local Band:Able Danger EP on ITunes
- Great Pumpkin Challenge
- Today Is National Coffee Day
- Miami Valley Hospital Recognizes Patients Overcoming Incredible Odds
- It's the Time of Year for Pumpkin Pie
- Uncle Joey Stops By Fox 45
- Violinist Chad Hoopes Performs With Dayton Philharmonic
- Ringling Brothers Circus @ WSU Nutter Center
- Comedian Matt Braunger @ Dayton FunnyBone Tonight
- Rollors – New Outdoor Game
- Tom Joyner Brings Morning Show to Dayton
- Trotwood Barbeque Cook-off
- Oktoberfest with Kroger
- Comedian TK Kirkland @ Dayton FunnyBone
- MetroParks Restore the Forest
- Comedian Vince Morris At Dayton FunnyBone
- Local Couple's Proposal Video Goes Viral
- Beach Mountain At The Beach
Miami Valley Crime StoppersIf you have information about a crime that has occurred, call Miami Valley Crime Stoppers at 937-222-7867 (STOP) 800-637-5735, 24 hours a day. Callers can remain anonymous.
Border CrisisGet the latest developments on the border control issue!
Chefs CornerWe often invite local chefs into our studio kitchen to demonstrate their cooking techniques and recipes. Watch those video segments on this page.
Pay It ForwardElk & Elk, FOX45, and ABC22 recognize the good deeds of people and organizations who make the Miami Valley a better place.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.
Cool SchoolsOur children are the way of the future and it all starts with our schools. Join us as our Hilary Zalla goes inside schools around the Miami Valley to find out what cool things students and teachers are ...
Town HallJoin in as our expert panel discusses jobs in Ohio
No Text ZoneTexting While Driving Kills Thousands of People Each Year. Many More are Seriously Injured. You Can Help Make Our Roads a NO TEXT ZONE.
Washington TimesPolitics, Breaking News, US and World News.
On Time TrafficGet the latest traffic information and updates here!
School ClosingsGet the list of all closings and delays for schools and businesses within the area, and sign up for text alerts!
Save Local TVFind out how you can save local TV right here!
Raw NewsWatch raw, unedited and uncensored news stories right here!
Pump PatrolFind the lowest gas prices, check out local and national price trends, report low prices and get fuel saving tips!
Political PulseArmstrong Williams is a pugnacious, provocative and principled voice for conservatives and Christian values in America's public debates.
News LinksThese links were chosen by the newsroom for their newsworthy content. These sites enhance the news stories that aired on the newscast on the dates cited.
On the MoveGet the latest news and more on your mobile phone!
Good MorningIt's Fun, it's fresh, the way mornings should be!
Top StoriesGet up to the minute information from across Ohio in our Top Stories section!
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments or any groups are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
US economy grew at moderate 2.2 percent in fourth quarter
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. economy slowed more sharply in the final three months of the year than previously believed, reflecting weaker business and a bigger trade deficit.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 03/21/14 --
Companies that pride themselves on being eco-friendly may have conflicted
ideas between marketing with ad specialties and maintaining their green
LUPITA NYONG'O's OSCAR DRESS STOLEN
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- It looked hot when Lupita Nyong'o (loo-PEE'-tuh nee-YONG'-goh) wore it Oscar night.
SOMERVILLE, Mass. (AP) -- It's awfully cold in the Boston area to go without pants.
IN THE NEWS: FCC LAUNCHES NET NEUTRALITY RULES
WASHINGTON (AP) -- For many people, having Internet access is about as important as access to telephone or electric service.
Tonight on ABC 22
6:30 pm ..... ABC World News
7:00 pm ..... Once Upon a Time: Secrets of Storybrooke
8:00 pm ..... Once Upon A Time
9:00 pm ..... Secrets and Lies (Series Premiere)
11:00 pm ... ABC 22 News at Eleven
11:30 pm ... Jimmy Kimmel Live
12:30 am ... Nightline