ABC 22 News Team
- Amber Jayanth
- Christian Hauser
- Jason Puhr
- Kelly May
- Kristine Frazao
- Lisa Smith
- Natasha Williams
- Nicole Grigg
- Rhonda Moore
- James Rider
- Ann Reynolds
School delays and closings are updated every few minutes. Please refresh your browser to check for the latest information.
If your organization could be affected by a closure or delay, call 937-262-1400 to sign up for an account.
Ohio island's ex-police chief guilty of disorderly conduct
October 08, 2015 20:39 GMT
PORT CLINTON, Ohio (AP) -- A fired Ohio island police chief has been convicted on a disorderly conduct charge after being cleared of aggravated menacing.
Former Put-in-Bay chief Ric Lampela was found guilty Thursday of a minor misdemeanor offense over a confrontation with two officers five years ago.
A judge fined Lampela $150 on the disorderly conduct charge.
State and county investigators also had accused Lampela of refusing to look into sexual assault claims from two employees against a former officer. Investigators said the chief wanted to prevent negative publicity for the department
But he was cleared on dereliction of duty and falsification charges on Wednesday.
Lampela didn't comment after the ruling Thursday.
- Murdoch Apologizes For Tweet Suggesting Obama Isn't A "Real Black President"
- MCarthy Shocks Colleagues By Dropping Out Of Speaker Race
- Netflix To Raise Prices By $1
- Facebook Testing 'Reactions' To Express Other Emotions
- French Train Hero Stabbed In California
- SUV Hangs From Power Lines After Crash
- UPDATE: Fairborn Suspect Surrenders After Several House Standoff
- Clearcreek Township Man Accused Of Coercing Teen Girls To Take Nude Photos
- DEVELOPING: Armed Robbery Suspects In Custody After Dayton Chase
- Singer Melissa Etheridge Says Inmates Inspired Her Ohio Performance
- Loose Cobra Found Hiding Under Neighbor's Dryer
- Uber Looking For Drivers As It Expands In Dayton
- 50 Lane Gridlock After Chinese National Holiday
- Umpqua Hero Released From the Hospital
- DEVELOPING: Deputies Work To Get Search Warrant After Harrison Twp. Shooting
- Girl Runs Through Crowd To Welcome Dad Home
- Girl Kills Huge Alligator With Crossbow
- Homeowner Injured while Escaping Raging Flames
- Officer Robert Cleaver Recounts Ambush
- Retired Shelby County Deputy Attacked During Violent Home Invasion
- FIGHTING BACK: Neighbors Angry Over Crime Happening in their Neighborhood
- 3 Men Arrested for Public Indecency at Buck Creek State Park
- Animals Confiscated From German Township Home
- Officers Train To Improve Decision Making At Kings Island
- 12-Year-Old Ohio Boy Suspended for Staring at Classmate
- Toddler's Head "Reattached" After Car Crash
- Investigators: Umpqua Gunman Shot Himself During Shootout With Police
- Special Room Makeover For Piqua Girl
- Pierre Suing UD: 'I Want Justice'
- Girl Suspended Over Blue Highlights
- GOING VIRAL: Deputy Comforts Baby After Crash
- Man Sleeps Outside After Wife Kicks Him Out Of Home
- Twilight Characters Swap Genders In New Book
- New Mom Taken To Hospital By Canoe As Floodwaters Rise
- Woman Hides From Police In Tank Of Portable Toilet
- Man Drives Into Ocean To Flee From Police
- Man Calls Police To Complain He's Too High
- Dayton Rapper Given a Second Chance To Build His Empire
- National Walk to School Day: Safety Reminder
- Jobs Report: Unemployment Down, But Have Some Just Given Up Looking?
- 'Unusual' HIV, Hepatitis C Outbreak Reported in Shelby County
- FIGHTING BACK: You Called; We Investigated What's Being Done for Suspected Drug Houses
- RTA Bus Incident: Man Recounts Scary Ride
- INVESTIGATION: Nuclear Smugglers Sought Terrorist Buyers
- 911 Caller Describes Snake Attack
- High School Student Foils Dayton Teen Escape
- Police: Woman Arrested for Harrassing Bus Driver after Taking Personal Phone Call
- Centerville and Sugarcreek Still Feuding on How To Share Tax Money
- Two Brothers Reported Missing From Riverside
- UD Crime Report: Burglaries Doubled In 2014
- Ohio island's ex-police chief guilty of disorderly conduct
- Ex-narcotics detectives charged in scheme to steal drug cash
- The Latest: Boehner to stay until House votes to replace him
- Cops: Ohioan killed mom, girlfriend while high on bath salts
- 3 ex-Ohio detectives charged in scheme to steal drug cash
- Teacher reinstated after charges dropped in husband's death
- Cleveland police take gun from boy, 7, seen loading ammo
- Melissa Etheridge sings for inmates at Ohio women's prison
- Man charged in cop shooting says he feared for his life
- Appeals court says Columbus can ordered hotel shuttered