WEB EXCLUSIVE: Up and coming careers
(WKEF/WRGT) - Worried about the cost of college and whether or not the loan debt will be worth it in the long run? Here's a list of the most up and coming careers in the U.S. that you may want to consider.
1. Wind Turbine Technician - By percentage this is the fastest growing profession in the U.S. to date.In they country they are looking to add 4800 jobs over the next 7 years, more than a 100 percent increase. The position pays more than $51,000 a year and requires less than a college degree.
2. Occupational Therapy Assistant - This profession pays around $54,000 annually and generally requires an associates degree. In the U.S., the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts the need for 14,000 more in the next 7 years. This will require both a license and registration.
3. Commercial Diver - You read that right. Diver, not driver. This is another one of the fastest growing professions in the county. The BLS predicts 1600 more will be needed by 2024. Job included working under water to restore structures and inspect/repair equipment. Annual salary averages around $54,000.
4. Statistician - Like math and money, this one's for you. Statistician's make an annual salary of more than $80,000. Somewhat of a downside is that this requires a masters degree, but more than 10 thousand jobs will need filled over the next 7 years.
5. Web Developer - Another area that's growing fast. The LBS predicts nearly 40 thousand will need hired before 2024, and the median pay is nearly $65,000. Other up side: this only requires an associate's degree.