'Dangerous' fugitive, wanted girlfriend captured in Fairborn

Mugshots of Joshua Kiser and Paige Taylor from Thursday, July 7, 2016


FAIRBORN -- There is cruiser cam video of a fugitive running away from police.

It's Joshua Kiser who had been on the run since last month.

Officers caught Kiser a short time later.

Police said his 18-year-old girlfriend was also arrested at a local hotel.

Kiser's relatives are glad he's been caught.

We first talked to his aunt yesterday, July 6, 2016.

She was urging him to turn himself in.

That did not happen..

But right now he is locked up in the Montgomery County Jail.

"Josh is family, we care about him, we love him, we knew he was hurt, we knew he couldn't go on forever running, " said Kiser's aunt Julia Hall.

Joshua Kiser tried running from police one more time.

There's police dash cam video of him bailing from a car overnight.

"I think what it was, he was caught off guard and he was probably a little scared so that's why he ran," said Hall.

Kiser and his girlfriend, Paige Taylor, were on the run since June 27th when he allegedly tried to hit a Huber Heights police officer with a car.

Kiser was shot several times during that confrontation.

Police were on the hunt ever since.

"We were still just behind them and at this point it caught up to them and fortunately we put an end to their run last night," said Huber Heights Police Chief Mark Llightner.

After getting a tip the couple was staying at a Fairborn hotel, Taylor was arrested there

Kiser was spotted as a passenger in a friend's car.

He ran away but was caught hiding at a business..

After being caught , Kiser was taken to the hospital, then he was taken to jail and so was Taylor.

"It was a big relief to find out that they took the time to take him to the medical and get the medical attention that he needed," said Hall.

She hopes he gets a mental evaluation too.

"Because he struggled as a kid, since he was 14 on the streets by himself. He's, uh, mentally messed up in the mind," said Hall.

"Fortunately for us and for them it ended peacefully and their run's over and they're going to have their day in court.," said Lightner.

Kiser and Taylor are in jail on previous charges.

New ones are expected to be filed.

The driver of the car, Jeffrey Storms, Is in jail facing drug possession, .obstructing justice and fleeing and eluding charges.

UPDATE -- Officials have just confirmed that a fugitive and his girlfriend have been taken into custody.

According to the Huber Heights Police Department, 20-year-old Joshua J. Taylor has been apprehended for a shooting incident with police last month.

Kiser had been on the run with his girlfriend Paige L. Taylor.

Both were taken into custody in the early morning hours of July 7, after received a that the subjects were at the Red Roof Inn in Fairborn, Ohio.

We're told, crews from the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office, Huber Heights Police Division, and Fairborn Police Division responded.

It was then determined that the female was inside the room but Kiser had left, a vehicle description was obtained. That vehicle was later stopped by Fairborn Police but Kiser got out of the passenger seat and ran way on foot. He was later found hiding in an area business. The driver of the vehicle, Jeffrey Storms, 35, was also arrested.

Contact was then made at the Red Roof Inn and Taylor was subsequently arrested on an active warrant. She was compliant.

Kiser has been transported to a local medical facility for treatment of gunshot wounds believed to be from the earlier police shooting that occurred on June 27.

Huber Heights Detectives are currently in the process of obtaining search warrants, interviewing suspects, and working on additional aspects of this case, which will be presented to the Montgomery County Prosecutors Office.

The Huber Heights Police Division would like to thank the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office and Fairborn Police Division for the assistance in the apprehension of Kiser and Taylor.


HUBER HEIGHTS (WRGT) -- Police identified the officer who opened fire on a suspect Monday, June 28, 2016, as 15-year veteran Aaron Harlow.

Huber Heights Police Chief Mark Lightner says Harlow was forced to fire as 20-year-old Joshua Kiser tried to run him down. Right now, Kiser is still on the run.

"At this point we still don't know the whereabouts of Joshua Kaiser and what we are asking the public if anyone knows the whereabouts of Mr. Kaiser please contact us," Lightner said.

Police call Kiser armed and dangerous. He's been linked to a series of crimes since running away from the Montgomery County Jail's STOP program last month.

Kiser was spotted Monday on Leeper Drive in Huber Heights. When officers moved in he took off in a dark-colored Nissan. Police say he was armed at the time.

"The dark-colored Nissan was located at the Travelodge on Powell Avenue in Butler Township. It had bullet holes in the car and blood was discovered in the car, Chief Lightner said.

A short time later a woman called 911 after seeing Kiser on Coronette Avenue in Harrison Township. She said he told her he'd been shot three times. Police say they have not been able to confirm if Kiser was actually shot.

"Who he left with, how he left, all I know is from what she said he was in a gold Ford Escort. She said something about having an Air Force sticker on it and that car was seen leaving and a dark-colored Nissan was also seen leaving," said Chief Lightner.

Police have been checking local hospitals in case Kiser was shot. If you have seen, Kiser police say not to approach him. Instead, call Crime Stoppers at 937-222-7867 (222-STOP).

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off