Fire crews knock down 'suspicious' house fire in Dayton
DAYTON, Ohio (WKEF/WRGT) - Dayton Fire crews say a house fire they extinguished in Dayton is suspicious.
Montgomery County Regional Dispatch confirmed fire crews successfully knocked down the structure fire on Bluecrest Avenue.
Crews were called to scene just before 1:30 p.m. on Sunday.
Dayton Fire Captain Matt McClain said crews knocked down the fire quickly and confirmed no one was injured.
McClain said the fire was suspicious because the house had been vacant for four months, the gas was shut off and there were signs of an explosion.
Fire crews said they don't know how the fire started.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
This story will be updated when more information is available.