Downtown roads to be closed for "Lights in Flight"
DAYTON, Ohio (WKEF/WRGT) - If you're planning on going downtown for the City of Dayton's "Lights in Flight" festival, be prepared for some road closures.
Several downtown roads will be closed from Monday, July 3 through early Tuesday, July 4 for the festival.
The "Lights in Flight" festival will be from 5-10 p.m. and the fireworks display will begin at 10 p.m. on Monday, July 3 at RiverScape MetroPark.
Here are the scheduled road closures, provided by the City of Dayton Police Department and Five Rivers MetroParks:
Beginning 6 a.m. July 3 (until 2 a.m. July 4):
• Monument Avenue from Jefferson Street to Patterson Boulevard
• Monument Avenue between Patterson Boulevard and Sears Street (restricted to local traffic only)
• Water Street (restricted to local traffic only)
• St. Clair Street from First Street to Monument Avenue
• Patterson Boulevard/Riverside Drive from First Street to White Allen Avenue
• Harries Street from the parking garage to Monument Avenue
• the WSU entry/exit to Monument Avenue
• the Engineers Club entry/exit to Monument Avenue
Beginning 8 p.m. July 3 (in addition to the closures listed above):
• Monument Avenue between Main Street and Jefferson Street
• Monument Avenue between Webster Street and Patterson Boulevard
• Jefferson Street between Second Street and Monument Avenue
• St. Clair Street between Second Street and First Street
• Harries Street between Second Street and First Street
• Webster Street between Herman Ave. and Keowee (local traffic only during show)
• the top of the exit ramp for South I-75 at Route 4 will be closed to Webster Street
• the top of the exit ramp for North I-75 at Route 4 will be closed to Webster Street