Baby given 3 doses of Narcan after ingesting suspected heroin
TOLEDO, Ohio (WNWO) - A 1-year-old child had to be administered numerous doses of Narcan after a suspected heroin overdose.
It happened Monday evening in the 700 block of Spring Street.
The child was taken by his mother to St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center after allegedly ingesting an unknown substance inside the residence.
The child later tested positive for opioids.
Hospital staff told Toledo Police Department they had to administer three doses of Narcan to help stabilize the child.
Police say they are continuing to investigate the overdose.